Monday, July 28, 2014

A Vacation View

It is Monday morning and I am sitting in a most peaceful place preparing to head home from a wonderful weekend get away with my niece.  She will be headed for college in a few short months and I am thankful for the time to spend with her before the craziness of preparation starts.

So what does this have to do with interior design?  Maybe nothing, but in a way everything... having a sense of place that we can relax and do nothing but enjoy being together - that's what home (or home away from home) should be.  And that's exactly what this weekend has been.

This morning's view of the lake (I've taken this picture the last 4 days and yes, today's does look different!) - it was calm and peaceful when I took this but I'm expecting a ski boat to rush in at any minute.  Guess it's time to pack up and head back to work.




What is it that makes your house more than a structure but a home?  Does it give you a sense of belonging and being?

No comments:

Post a Comment