Thursday, September 25, 2014

How I Spent The Last Days of Summer

The last days of summer are always bittersweet.  One the one hand our skies turn grey and the rain gear is moved to the front of the closet, but on the other hand, we get to wear our fun winter boots and sweaters!

In what should become an annual event, I was able to get away to celebrate friendship and the last days of summer in the Phoenix area.... it was perfect!


This was my view for a quiet cup of early morning coffee - it's still blue there!


This was the beautiful sunset as we headed from a fun walk through Old Scottsdale to dinner... the color is AMAZING!

While we were walking around, this very cool bike shop was a destination for our cyclist friends in the group... I almost didn't go in, but I saw this cool oversized door and I'm so glad I went in because the design of this space was so much fun!





Bicycle Haus, Scottsdale AZ

Such a great use of space to highlight these high performance bikes and the use of reclaimed materials along with the iron gave it such a cool vibe!  See that fan?  It puts out the perfect amount of breeze while adding simple visual interest.

And because the architectural views are so amazingly different than here in the Pacific Northwest, a trip report would not be complete without a view of this home, or was it an office?  I like the fact that I can't tell.



I love how these structures blend into the landscape like a mirage in the desert.  A perfect way to build so that nature and the built environment can live in harmony.

How did you spent your last few days of the summer season?



No comments:

Post a Comment