Friday, January 10, 2014

Broken, but not impossible!

Have you ever heard of a remedy for something that made you go huh?  Well, here's one that has been tried and worked!

A broken light bulb still in the socket - how do you get it out?  Easy - get a potato!  Yep you read that right.  Cut the potato in half and, with the light switch turned in the off position, carefully push the potato over the socket and with a little push - twist.  It might take a little effort, but it twists (not pulls) right out making room for a new bulb!

While I believe my sister may have thought I might be going mad when I told her what she needed to do, she realized that sometimes big sister has a trick or two up my sleeve!  Here's a picture of the potato when the procedure was finished.



I think it should go without saying that this potato should go directly to the garbage, but just in case... please don't eat the potato!

What off the wall household fixes have you tried and found to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment