Monday, April 11, 2011

Ready for Spring!

So I have had a horrible time trying to grow pumpkins the last few years and since we’re into spring, I decided to start my seeds early in the garden window to give them a bit of a head start.  According to the seed package they are going to be GIANT! J  They are doing great… See? 
I knew I needed to get them into individual bigger pots, but decided that now it might be just as easy to plant them directly in the ground and cover them with a plastic tent for the next few weeks and baby them that way.  Then….
Yep – you guessed it, Wednesday April 6th we had a good 2” of snow on the ground.  We have warmed up (a bit) again and so hopefully in this week, I will get the ground prepared and my vines in the ground and tented.  It IS April right?

No comments:

Post a Comment